Semana Cincuenta Uno: I wouldn't trade this time for the world

My oh my how time flies!!! I completed a year this week!!! My roommates were so cute and made me a ¨¨cake¨¨ (really just crackers that I bought with a candle in the middle.  We dont have that much money haha:) I love the mission and am so grateful for all the growth I´ve experienced!!! While writing in my journal on the year mark I felt deeply impressed that the reason the Lord wanted me to serve a mission wasn´t for all that I was going to do in the work... really my impact hasn´t been that big... it was because of the great change that the Lord wanted to come to pass in me!  I am so incredibly grateful and wouldn´t trade this time for the world!

Well, this week was kind of a bummer.  Diana and Michael... those I love so very much... Separated for good this week.  When calling them individually, Michael said he wouldn´t go back to church until God performed a miracle and got him back with his wife... and Diana said she needed a break and would call us when she was ready.  I bawled like a baby.  I love them so so so much and it just breaks my heart when people don´t realize that God can´t just perform a miracle without them doing their part!  In this time of crisis and trial... the thing they need is the gospel!! They can´t take a break from the only thing that can save them!!  I pray that one day this couple will realize these things and will be able to make this important step of baptism and conversion in the one and only true church upon the face of the earth.  

Almost all our other investigators are kind of in the same boat..... Those that were progressing greatly took some steps back and we kind of feel like we´ve got no one.  The Elders Quorum President introduced us to a family (that lives an hour away so the Servers had to take us en carro to visit them) but they are great!  They came to Stake Conference this Sunday and loved it!  And that was a HUGE blessing and sacrifice because they had to take a bus at 6 a.m. to get here in time for 8 o'clock priesthood session.  The downside is that they are not doing well financially and dont have the funds to get here every week... and we cant pay for them every week because when we leave they will be out of luck.  But it is great to find people will to act and sacrifice!

Leda also came to Stake Conference!  Have I talked to her before?? My comp and I have been fasting to know who we should focus on this month... and during that fast is when everyone stopped progressing and told us no more... except for Leda.  She came to Stake Conference and was full of tears as she heard President Wilkinson and Elder Alonso talk.  It was interesting because the majority of the talks were about Ward councils yet she felt the spirit and knows that this church is true.  We will be going to family night with her tonight... and I THINK she is already married which is a MIRACLE!!  Ester bailed.  As well as everyone else.  But her husband joined us for a lesson on family history and they spent the night looking up their ancestors and looking at pictures of temples!!! They need to be married still but maybe that family will be a focus this month too!

Basically the week was full of ups and downs as always.  I am constantly amazed at how much I learn in such a short time in this work.  I am SO BLESSED.

I love you all more than words.  Thank you for all your love and prayers and worries and support for me, my companion, and my investigators.  We are forever grateful.

Love Always,

Hermanita Galletita

ps... I was in charge of a childrens choir with all the primary kids... we start the sunday general stake conference session.  it was beautiful and they all call me Hermanita Galletita and I love it.  Many of the same kids come to my piano class.  I am so grateful to be able to use these things to help the kids... they are the cutest.

pps... In this stake... I mean DISTRICT conference... they announced that Guanacaste will at long last become a STAKE!! It is such a blessing!!!!!! This means that now all these members can have a patriarch!! They can have temple recommend interviews HERE and not wait for President Wilkinson to come from San Jose!!! I am so grateful!!! Hooray!


We got to go to African Safari for P-day today.  Gringo members own it and let us go for free!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment