Semana Veintidos: Trust in the Lord and Work

My how time flies!!!! This week I completed my Fifth month in the mission!!  Rumor is that I might get jipped a month and that our group will be going home the beginning of November 2015... so I only have  a year left!!! I canNOT believe how fast the time has gone!!!

On to the week then shall we?

TUESDAY

We worked REALLY hard today and actually had some success!  We taught five lessons today which is better than the usual :)  The most important was with Adriana and her husband Michael.  They are amazing and I truly want with ALL my heart to help them get married and baptized and have an eternal family!  They are a beautiful family and say they haven't found the true church yet or the motivation to be married.  WE'VE GOT IT!  I know they'll be baptized this month... I'm a prayin!!

WEDNESDAY

Today I went to Aserri for divisions with Hermana Zapata- the Sister Training Leader.  I love divisions.  and I really like Aserri!  It's in the mountains so it's really pretty!  Hermana Zapata is great... and I learned so much from her!  She told me some of the best stuff ever.  For example... in her training she baptized TWELVE people!  Just in those three months!  THen she trained and she had NOTHING.  Nada.  She felt is was all her fault.  She said she talked to president about it and he said that there was a time in his mission when for MONTHS he didn't have a SINGLE investigator at church... the very day of Transfers there were SEVENTY investigators at church and fifty of the seventy were baptized.  So maybe we won't see the results but our work is not in vain!  The only thing we can do is work work work!  Then I told her how I feel our lack of results is my fault and at the end of the day she told me that my teaching is perfect and she wishes she could teach like me!  She said to just TRUST myself and trust in the Lord and work work work!  It was a great confidence builder... I've really been feeling that I must not be a good teacher or something because of all that's happening but now I know I've got the skills I need I just need to TRUST in the Lord and work!

THURSDAY

Today we found Margarita!  She is a single mother with two girls and is only 23.  She is GREAT and accepted a baptismal date for the 29th of November!  Then we visited Evida.  She has barely read a thing or prayed but we hope she can come to church on Sunday and really feel the spirit.  Then we went to visit Jendry.  The elders told us that she is gonna move to Aserri and that her "husband" unmarried doesn't want to get baptized.  It's sad.  She is the mom of Jeferson- my first baptism.  But she wasn't home... so we visited a million houses and no one was there.  So we went to the house and called 17 people and no one answered.  Yay!!! :)  Yesterday I fasted to know the exact number of baptisms Heavenly Father wants us to have this month.  If it is an inspired goal there is NO reason that we can't reach it!  I feel very strongly that the number is four... but it doesn't seem possible and I want to be sure that that is the number the Lord wants... so I ate lunch and then started another fast.  I love the gospel and love being a missionary!

FRIDAY

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  

Today for halloween we were ticas!! We said all the words that only ticos say ilke pura vida and diay and tuanis etc.  And we added "tica" to all our words... like chicatica.. minutico... etc.  We bought something sweet and had a grand old time.  The ticos don't celebrate halloween... or the guatemaltecas... but we did!  

Today lots happened but most important was Jendry!  POR FIN  Ella decidió to leave her boyfriend/husband Johnny  but wont move out until JANUARY!  Which means she won't be baptized until then :(  But then I remembered a situation with Pamela and Fernando where they lived together but kept the law of chastity, and she was baptized so I told her she still could too and we set a date and we were so exctied and she was soooo happy!  Then I found out that is not actually allowed and can't be baptized until she moves out.  I'm so sad and haven't told her yet.... but we WILL find a way to get her baptized!!

SATURDAY

Last night was quite eventful... 12 earthquakes and... well some other things that happened.  BUt no worries I am safe!  I love my area.  :)  

Today wasn't the best day.  Turns out Hermana Garcia also felt our baptism number was 4!!! So we gave that number to our zone leaders and they were like "are you SUUURE!!!??? Who are they"  So we gave our six possibilities and they said "No who are the four going to be??"  I got a little nervous that we can't really reach the number four.  But I am POSITIVE that that is the number I received and Hermana Garcia too.  So we KNOW that's what Heavenly Father wants and if that's what He wants we can do it!

We had 7 lessons today which is good, but Satan is already working on our possible baptisms.  Tomorrow is SO important.  They have to go to church three times to be baptized and there are only four sundays left in the month.. I'm trying to have faith... we've done all we can... there's just so much pressrue!!

SUNDAY

No investigators came to church.  All our appts fell.  We taught a bunch of people in the street.  The Zone Leaders called and said that I could do more such as fast.  I told them that I fasted three times this week including the double fast and they waid "whoa okay don't kill yourself just keep working".  I am!!!!  Goodness it's rough out here :)  I got a little homesick today.... I miss my amazing family and also I am pretty sure that Katelin had her baby and I just wish I was home with her.  But then I repented and refocused my thoughts.  It is STILL possible to have four baptisms if that's what Heavenly Father wants!!

MONDAY

Today was chequeo de mes for my companion!  We went to the office and president asked them all these questions about obedience and then came to sternly talk to us about what we are doing incorrectly as trainers.  I had nothing to fear- that's one thing I'm good at is obedience!! It was SO fun to see all my best friends of the mission... Hermana Davidson.. Hermana Bratt... and Hermana Geis.  I love that I get to meet so many people and that I will have friends forever!!  Also I learned that President has a goal to split the mission before he leaves in June.  So that's why the mission has the goal of 200 baptisms this month.  If we reach that they will for sure split the mission!!  I hope my four can help out!  Also I learned that Kate did no have her baby this week... that's okay Katie you can do it!!!  I'm a prayin for you and Kelsey so much!! And also the rest of my family.  I just love you all and hope you are all doing well.  The mission is always hard but always great and I LOVE it and love all of you!!!!!! ADIÓS  

No comments:

Post a Comment